Thursday, May 24, 2012

How to make Egg Sheet

Egg Sheet always needed for making bento. At this moment I still dunno how to make color egg sheet. So I only can make yellow & white color. Previously, I dunno the how to make the texture smooth and firm.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • A dash of salt
  • Some corn oil
Steps:
  • Dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
  • Add in the others ingredients into 2 bowls. (I seperate the egg yolk & egg white since I want to make 2 colors.)
  • Beat with fork until smooth
  • Pour the egg mixtures into the sieve
  • Wipe the pan with oil and heat up
  • I fried it using low heat after the pan heated up.
Here the egg sheet of yellow & white!

There is a tutorial video in youtube too but using microwave. I do not have microwave so I fried it. Now I need to find out how to make color egg sheet. Extra egg sheet can store in a air tight container and put into the fridge to keep it fresh. I can last about a week. Just heat up again when need to use. :)

Will add on the photos later if I got time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try looking at this tutorial on how to make smooth (colored) eggsheet. (Click here.) I hope it helps!