Friday, July 20, 2012

Egg Tarts

Without an oven at home, really restricted me to bake sometimes.Hope I can have a bigger kitchen with full equipment for baking very soon. However, I saw the frozen pastry from Aeon that day and very fast i grabbed it. Wanna to try making egg tarts with it.


Egg Tarts Filling
3 Eggs
240ml water
100g castor sugar
1/4 tsp of vanilla essence
1/4 tsp white vinegar (I didn't add in this time)


Method:
1. Dissolve sugar in hot water, set aside to cool.
2. Break eggs in a mixing bowl, lightly stir. 
3. Add in syrup (no 1), vanilla extract and vinegar, lightly stir well to combine.
4. Sift twice, set aside.
5. Trim off about 1cm puff pastry (optional, you may use the whole piece), arrange in a 12 holes muffin pan. 
6. Pour egg custard filling in the puff pastry case, about 90% full.
7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 35mins or till golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and leave to cool.



Remarks: 
Due to I do not have a conventional oven at home, I bake using rice cooker. Then I bake again in the toaster for 10 minutes or until the side of the pastry become brown. :)
Egg Tarts!
 Removed for the tarts cups
 Yummy!
I quite satisfy with the outcome this time. Although it is not very perfect due to the pastry at the bottom is not crispy. But anyhow, it still taste very good. Jayne love egg tarts very much. She ate half of it by herself. But my family mentioned that the filling is a bit too watery, may be next time I have to reduced some water. :)

No comments: